[Help-gsl] Minimization problem : function not continuous

From: Till Isambert
Subject: [Help-gsl] Minimization problem : function not continuous
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:12:19 +0200

Hello,

i'm tryuing to minimize a function of one scalar variable which returns a scalar. I'm doing this with "gsl_min_fminimizer_minimum" .. but it doesn't work because GSL says "function not continuous" :(

Does anyone knows if ther's a function which can handle discontinuties or something ? I've wrote the similar program in matlab and it works, even if the functions has dicsontinuities (i use fminbnd if you know Matlab) ....

thanks by advance,

cheers