Re: [Help-gsl] Compiling GSL with C++

From: Kevin Thornton
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Compiling GSL with C++
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

How about setting a custom gsl error handler that
throws an exception?  You can set custom error
handlers for the gsl using routines described here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/gsl-ref_3.html#SEC23

The functions take char * arguments which can then be
passed along to exceptions, etc.

This may be a much simpler solution than modifying the
library itself.

--Kevin

--- Tommy Nordgren <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm interested in modifying the GSL source, to make
> it compile with a
> C++
> compiler instead. I would like suggestions on doing
> this as easy as
> possible.
>
> The reason I want to do this, is to allow error
> handlers to throw
> exceptions,
> since it's not possible to throw exceptions across
> code compiled as C++
> (If one tries, the exception handling system will
> exit the app, and
> this is definitely
> not what's wanted when doing time-consuming
> computations)
>
> "Home is not where you are born, but where your
> heart finds peace" -
> Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"

Kevin Thornton
Committee on Genetics