[Help-gsl] Fw: How to handle GSL_CONTINUE when doing multifit

From: feixing li
Subject: [Help-gsl] Fw: How to handle GSL_CONTINUE when doing multifit
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:22:53 -0500

Hello everyone!
   I have a question about the nonlinear least square multifit.
   When I called the function gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_iterate(mySolver), I kept
getting a return value GSL_CONTINUE, which after I called gsl_strerror() and
passed it as the argument, can be translated into " the iteration has not
converged yet" .
    According to the example, it seems this return value should be viewed as an
error condition and the program should terminate when encountered this
situation. However, judged from  its name and corresponding string message,  I
guess it is supposed to be all right to keep running.
    Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks in advance.