Re: [Help-gsl] Determinant of a matrix:

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Determinant of a matrix:
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:58:16 +0000

Doug McKee writes:
 > I'm probably a little late (just joined the list today), but I ran into
 > this exact problem about a week ago.  I never figured out why my call
 > to gsl_linalg_LU_det didn't work, but I did come up with a work-around.
 >   If I copy the function definition from the gsl source and rename the
 > function my_gsl_linalg_LU_det in my own file, it works great.  All it
 > does is multiply the elements of the diagonal.  I'd still love to know
 > why the library call fails though.  Just makes me nervous that other
 > functions are failing and I'm not noticing.

Hello,

>From your description, this case is covered in chapter 2 (p16) of my
book "An Introduction to GCC", which explains how to troubleshoot
common problems like this (http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gcc/intro/).

All the money raised from the sales of the book supports the
development of free software and documentation.

--
Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)

Network Theory Ltd,