Re: [Help-gsl] underflow in coulomb_bound.c

From: Ivan Liu
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] underflow in coulomb_bound.c
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:23:24 +0100

Hello,

I think I found what causes this underflow message. It comes from

gsl_sf_hydrogenicR(n,l,Z,r);

where l > 0 AND r = 0. Looking at the analytical form of the radial
Hydrogenic wavefunction R_nl, in such situations, R_nl is always zero.
Which of course gives underflow error.

So I suggest that, in the underflow check of gsl_sf_hydrogenicR, one
should exclude such situations, and perhaps, which may not be needed,
assigns the result to zero directly.

Regards,
Ivan Liu