[Help-gsl] Problems installing GSL in the standard search path under min

From: Andres Gonzalez
Subject: [Help-gsl] Problems installing GSL in the standard search path under mingw
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:07:59 +0100

Hi there,

I have problems following the instructions for installing the GSL-1.6
library. I am using mingw and I am doing the following:

The gsl-1.6.tar.gz file is in c:/temp

Using MSYS a give the following sequence of commands:
 gnuzip gsl-1.6.tar.gz
 tar xvf gsl-1.6.tar
 cd gsl-1.6
 ./configure
 make
 make install

But I do not get the GSL library in my mingw folder neither I get any
usr/local/lib. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but I do not
know what exactly.

Thank for any help!

Andres Gonzalez
Department of Economic Statistics