[Help-gsl] underflow in coulomb_bound.c

From: Ivan Liu
Subject: [Help-gsl] underflow in coulomb_bound.c
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:19:45 +0100

Hi,

My program kept being interrupted by the underflow check when I
compute the coulomb wavefunction with gsl_sf_hydrogenicR. If I turn of
the error handler using

gsl_set_error_handler_off();

then the program returns the seemly correct values. I can keep the
error handler turned  off, but I'm hesitiated to do so for obvious
reasons. I wonder if I can turn off the under flow checker without
having to recompile my gsl library. Can anyone also tell me what is
the reason for this underflow check?

Thanks,
Ivan Liu