[Help-gsl] passing pointer to function from C++ to C in gsl

From: ideshmu
Subject: [Help-gsl] passing pointer to function from C++ to C in gsl
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:38:20 -0400 (EDT)

This is more of a C++ help for passing member function pointers from C++
to prototype written in C .

I am using the GSL ODE solver(runga kutta methods) for some integration
purpose. To cut the story short, could you please tell me what is wrong
with this... as in why am I getting  this error

adaptive.cpp:237: no matching function for call to
`gslintegrator<ColumnVector<2,double>,2> :: defineSystem (int (adaptive ::
*)(double, const double *, double *, void *), void *)'

gslintegrator.hpp:281: candidates are:
void gslintegrator<ColumnVector<2,double>,2>:: defineSystem(int
(*)(double, const double *, double *, void *), void *)

I am new at passing function pointers from C++ to C, and just looking at
the above matching function and the candidate function I think they are
matching.

Can you please tell me if something needs to be taken care of while
passing C++ member funciton pointers and collecting the pointers in C
function pointer.

I tried to find information on the net but no where was it given how to
pass a class member function pointer to a C function pointer.

Please help me.
Thank you

Indrajit Deshmukh
Robotics and Mechatronics Lab