[Help-gsl] multiroots

From: pasca
Subject: [Help-gsl] multiroots
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:32:11 +0200

Hi

I am trying to use the multiroots algorithms to find the roots of a non
linear system of order 10.

I have a few questions:

1) I do not actually understand how the gsl_multiroot_function_fdf, the
   parameter struct and the initial guess are given to the solver.
   For my program I almost copied the example in the manual and changed
   few things and it works.

2) 1 out of the 10 parameters seems not to change from the initial guess,
   and when I try to change the initial guess the solver seems again
   to be able to find the root (with the parameter equal to the new initial
   guess, hence changing the other parameters in order to adjust the solution).
   Since I can provide more than 10 equation to the solver, is it possible,
   in some way to use a redundant set of data, instead of only 10?

Thanks a lot for this software

Edo

--
Dr. Edoardo Pasca