Re: [Help-gsl] some basic question about compiling and linking

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] some basic question about compiling and linking
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:51:38 +0100

W. Xu writes:
 >    I just started to use gls several days ago.
 >    When I read gsl-ref file I was confused by some terminologies, such
 > as "shared library" and "blas library"?
 >    Why we should use the options as "-lgsl" and "-lgslcblas"? And
 > what's the mechanism?
 >    I want to know more than just using these options.

Hello,

The Free Software Foundation publishes the GCC Reference Manual,
"Using GCC" (http://www.gnupress.org/using.html) which has the
complete description of all GCC's options.

I have written a (forthcoming) introductory book, "An Introduction to
GCC" (http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gcc/intro/), which is oriented
to beginners.

For information about BLAS see the books "Numerical Computation" and
"Matrix Computation", in my list of 'Recommended books for Numerical
Programming' at http://www.network-theory.co.uk/articles/numerics.html

--
Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)