[Help-gsl] libgsl.a - Where to get this file?

From: Dominik Dell
Subject: [Help-gsl] libgsl.a - Where to get this file?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:39:09 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
I'd like to use gsl, but I have some installation problems. I use a linux
system. I have downloaded the include files which should be copied to
/usr/local/include/gsl, right? If I understand the manual correctly (p.5),
I need two files called libgsl.a and libgslcblas.a for linking, which have
to be copied to /usr/local/lib. I have searched the web for these files
but with little success. Where can I get these files? Or do they have to
be created in any way?
Sorry, if my questions are a bit silly, but both linux and programming
with libraries is quite new to me. Actually I want to use gsl, because I
need the Monte Carlo integration.
How can I get gsl working on my system?
Thank you
Dominik