[Help-gsl] Using ATLAS to generate a BLAS implementation for use with GS

From: Ian Vosper
Subject: [Help-gsl] Using ATLAS to generate a BLAS implementation for use with GSL
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:53:58 -0800

Hello,

        I am working with a group that is considering various signal processing/linear algebra libraries for our programming, and of course performance is among our main concerns. We're not sure what platform we'll end up on, and feel that ATLAS can help us to optimize our code. I was wondering if it was possible to use ATLAS to generate an optimized BLAS implementation, and to have GSL rely on that implementation, rather than its own. Please let me know if you have any insight relating to this topic.

  Raytheon
Ian M. Vosper
Multi-Disciplined Engineer I
310.334.3359