help-gsasl

Re: PDF Doc DESTDIR Build Images Missing

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: PDF Doc DESTDIR Build Images Missing
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 00:27:50 +0100

Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca> writes:

> In a DESTDIR Build of PDF doc the images are missing.
> In gtk-doc.make add tests like HTML build to set dir
> from abs_srcdir/img, abs_builddir/img, or ./img.
> Patch attached.

Thanks for reporting this.  I see that you reported this upstream to
gtk-doc as well:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-doc/-/issues/147

It is complicated to carry local patches for gtk-doc since we don't
store gtk-doc.make in gsasl's git but instead it is generated during
bootstrapping.  I experimented with something, but it was fragile since
gtk-doc.make is quite different on different systems:

https://gitlab.com/gsasl/gsasl/-/commit/17c1d65b10bfc4671b9c19c6651e52a80b7fd260
https://gitlab.com/gsasl/gsasl/-/pipelines/1124012440

So I prefer to wait for upstream gtk-doc to merge your patch properly,
and for that to reach our build systems.

Sorry,
/Simon