how to build grub on powerpc64le ?

From: yuucyf
Subject: how to build grub on powerpc64le ?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:21:17 +0800 (CST)

hi, all:

Does GRUB support powerpc64le, and has the community successfully built it on
powerpc64le systems?
I am facing issues building on powerpc64le, mainly encountering two problems:

1. It shows an error 'cc1: error: ‘-m32’ not supported in this configuration.'
This is because my GCC on the build platform was not configured with
--enable-multilib, as I am in a 64-bit environment, and there is no need to
build 32-bit applications.
Is it mandatory to use 32-bit build on PowerPC, regardless of whether it's
32-bit or 64-bit?
2. I modified the code in the configure.ac file as follows:
      if test x$platform != xemu ; then
      case "$target_cpu" in
      i386) target_m32=1 ;;
      x86_64 | sparc64 | powerpc) target_m64=1 ;;
      esac
   fi
   I found that the configure was successful. However, during the compilation
process, I noticed that there is a parameter -mbig-endian. Since my system is
powerpc64le, which is little-endian, I cannot use -mbig-endian. So, I made
further modifications in configure.ac:

   if test x$target_cpu = xmips; then  # (line 659)

   I changed it to:

   if test x$target_cpu = xmips; then  # (line 659)

   Additionally, I modified:
   elif test x$target_cpu = xmipsel; then  # (line 694)
   to:
   elif test x$target_cpu = xpowerpc; then  # (line 694)

   I forced the use of little-endian on powerpc64le systems. However, after
these changes, the configure failed, and I couldn't find the reason for the
failure in the config.log file.