C code you would compile to run within GRUB2 (is that possible?) ...

From: Albretch Mueller
Subject: C code you would compile to run within GRUB2 (is that possible?) ...
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 19:21:38 +0000

 The way I understand GRUB2, since it must read the BIOS' data, you
should be able to run code resembling dmidecode, but what about, say
running sha512sum on the binary file dumped by: dmidecode --dump-bin
...?, and parsing and noticing specific differences on the sections
relating to different: dmidecode  --type TYPE(s)?
 As part of my own research, I need to somehow run code based on the
information in the BIOS to customize the data in grub.conf file GRUB2
uses to make its strategic decisions (not hack GRUB2's inner working).
 Any tutorials, books, ... specifically about such developments you
would recommend?
 Debian Linux is my favorite distro.
 Thank you,
 lbrthcx