Re: How to create a separate /boot partition? (Ubuntu if it's relevant)

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: Re: How to create a separate /boot partition? (Ubuntu if it's relevant)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 18:39:57 +0200

0. This is not a GNU/Linux mailing list. It's about a boot manager
(previous to Linux and GNU OS)
Backup everything to revert every step if this fails:

1. Clone whole rotational disk to SSD

2. Format rotational disk, make and mark a partition there, and move
/boot/* content in that partition (not in a /boot subdir!)

3. Register that new boot partition to /etc/fstab to be mounted on /boot

4. From a chroot environment at SSD root with /boot mounted:
grub-install to rotational disk
update-grub

Narcis Garcia

El 4/4/21 a les 18:24, Chris Green ha escrit: