Understanding causes and solutions for update-grub errors

From: Vincent Cate
Subject: Understanding causes and solutions for update-grub errors
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 16:53:31 -0400

I am getting errors from "update-grub" that I don't know how to deal with.
These are:

1) cannot open 'bpool/BOOT/ubuntu_mh9hqt@autozsys_bn0dav': dataset
does not exist

2)  Warning: didn't find any valid initrd or kernel.

3)  /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: unknown filesystem.

I would really like to fix these before trying to reboot.

Is it ok if some datasets don't exist?

It shows that it found some initrd and vmlinuz that it did not complain about

  but the "did not find any valid" seems scary.

The update-grub calls grub-probe which gets an "unknown filesystem" error,

but does not say where it was looking for a filesystem. Where would it
be looking?

I did a full write up at:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1288139/update-grub-errors-after-remaking-bpool-on-20-04

What should I do?