Re: Removing CSM compability from grub bootloader.

From: Randy Goldenberg
Subject: Re: Removing CSM compability from grub bootloader.
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 08:48:07 -0700

On Sunday August 09, 2020, noone atall wrote:
I was going to post this earlier but I wanted to make sure I understand
some concepts and that took quite some time.
First off I'm sorry for not explaining the problem properly beforehand. I
should have.

The said motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-990-XA-UD3.
It's using the weird Hybrid EFI firmware.
It does not have any option regarding CSM. I think the name hybrid is well
put because it's not really UEFI nor BIOS.

According to the manual available at https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-990xa-ud3_v.3.x_e.pdf, the BIOS includes a setting for enabling or disabling CSM, and when CSM is emabled, the "Storage Boot Option Control" allows you to select whether to enable the UEFI or legacy option ROM for the storage device controller.