Re: GRUB2 Behavior Question

From: Randy Goldenberg
Subject: Re: GRUB2 Behavior Question
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:56:53 -0700

On Wednesday March 25, 2020, Jordon Hofer wrote:
I was under the impression that the Stage 2 loader read /boot/grub/grub.cfg to see what kernel to load. Each snapshot has /boot/grub/grub.cfg in a properly symlinked location, so it should 'just work'. Does the Stage 2 loader have some sort of caching that is causing it to not read the grub.cfg when I switch snapshots and reboot?

Is the unit booting UEFI?