Re: Use grub2 (uEFI netboot) to boot local OS

From: Pascal Hambourg
Subject: Re: Use grub2 (uEFI netboot) to boot local OS
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 20:21:26 +0200

Hello,

Le 23/05/2019 à 12:53, Steven Shiau a écrit :

I need to switch to boot the OS on the local disk even when the client machine is booted by uEFI netboot. However, it does not find any block device. I entered the grub shell in the netbooted client, ran "ls", then it showed me only "(proc)".

The bootx64.efi on the netboot server was created by this command:

grub-mkimage -C xz -O x86_64-efi -o /tftpboot/nbi_img/bootx64.efi '--prefix=(tftp)/grub-efi.cfg/' -c /tmp/grub-efi.FnbG08/grub-header.cfg normal tftp efinet chain echo net gzio xzio linux efi_gop efi_uga png gfxterm gfxterm_background gfxterm_menu serial part_gpt part_msdos boot multiboot progress search ext2 xfs reiserfs jfs hfsplus fat ntfs configfile test sleep tr reboot halt
and the grub modules were put by this command:
grub-mknetdir --net-directory=/tftpboot/nbi_img/grub-efi.cfg --subdir=/

Did I miss something? How can I do so that the block device can be found in the grub shell in the netbooted client? So that in the grub shell in the netbooted client, if I run command "ls", it can show me something like:
(memorydisk), (hd0), (hd0,gpt1), (hd0,gpt2), (hd0,gpt3)

Maybe you need to load or include some *disk* module in the core image ?