Re: grub install failing on md debian sparc64

From: Chris Ross
Subject: Re: grub install failing on md debian sparc64
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 18:11:13 -0400

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:28:47PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> Hello.  I am trying to get a ZFS system configured with debian on sparc64.
> First attempts suggested that I wouldn't be able to get grub to load directly
> out of ZFS, in part because I need to use sun disk labels, and the OBP likely
> can't load grub out of ZFS anyway.  So, I've built a small software RAID1 on
> the first two disks, to be /boot, and plan the rest of the disks as a zraid
> volume.

Original context from first message removed.  Attached is the output of

# grub-install -v /dev/sda1

I have a md (0.90) RAID1 across /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2.  The output from
grub-install seems to find all of that, but eventually ends up reporting:

grub-install: error: disk `md0' not found.

and failing.  Does any of the information in the attached log suggest where
the problem might be?

Thanks.

             - Chris