RE: search by PARTUUID

From: Urs Ritzmann
Subject: RE: search by PARTUUID
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 07:17:37 +0000

Hi

> From: Pascal Hambourg [mailto:address@hidden
>
> Le 11/04/2018 à 10:00, Urs Ritzmann a écrit :
> >
> > Currently, the filesystem UUID is used in the search. It works, but the fs
> > UUID has to be updated after an image update which is a bit
> ugly. A constant PARTUUID pointing to current image would be more clean.
>
> Can't the same UUID be used when creating a new image ?

The same image can be installed to different partitions (e.g. in a fail-safe
dual-copy approach, the currently active image always updates another, inactive
image, then toggles the boot to the new one).

In case the same image is installed twice (to different partitions), I would
end up with both images having the same UUID.

--
Many Thanks
Urs