Re: Generating config for new RAID array

From: Xen
Subject: Re: Generating config for new RAID array
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:34:45 +0200

Kjetil Kjernsmo schreef op 24-08-2017 22:42:

Now, I'm out of ideas, and I will be very grateful for any help.

Can't help you right now, just saying that I did once install a Debian 7 system using the Debian text-mode installer and it allowed me to create the raid array myself using the installer.

At first I had a non-raided /boot. Only root (and other partitions) were on RAID.

Later I turned both /boot partitions (the partition tables were identical) into a RAID 1 also. I installed Grub on both /dev/sda and /dev/sdb.

Both disks had a GPT Bios Boot Partition of 2MB at the start.

The /boot partitions were some 250MB in size or similar.

But this system is offline so I cannot quickly copy any config.

There was one grub configuration for both disks. I manually installed onto both, and subsequently both disks would boot the system (if the other was gone).

If you really want I can see if the system turns itself on what RAID config there might be but the RAID config I think GRUB did not take from any configuration file.

I am sure it generated it by sensing.

But I can show you the Grub config of a (now) Debian 8 system that boots from a RAID 1 /boot.

Highly Evolved Beings do not consider it “profitable” if they benefit at the expense of another.