Re: usb_keyboard not available as a terminal input?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: usb_keyboard not available as a terminal input?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 12:28:30 +0300

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Ineiev <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 09:59:06AM +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Ineiev <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > I didn't mean drivers, I said I didn't use USB storage.
>>
>> I'm not sure how having or not USB drives is relevant here, but
>> anyway, source is
>>
>> grub-core/term/usb_keyboard.c
>
> Thank you, I see; what I don't see is how people make GRUB actually
> run that code.

Most people do not. Those drivers are really for special platforms
like coreboot that run on bare metal. On most other platforms, like
BIOS or EFI, firmware is sophisticated enough to handle those devices
for you. If something is missing, we probably need to figure out how
to achieve necessary functionality using firmware.