Re: chain hd0 and next bios

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: chain hd0 and next bios
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 20:20:24 +0300

05.05.2017 07:31, Carl Karsten пишет:
> pxe boot grub-net
>
> I want options to tell the bios Never mind, failed to boot anything, try
> next device,
>
> label bootnext
>     # fail the pxe boot,
>     localboot 0

Does "exit" work for you here?

> and also Boot HD0 (for some idea of first hard disk)
>
> label boothd
> # boot from the first HD
>         kernel syslinux/chain.c32
>         append hd0

Not sure - if this is generic question "how to chainload something", it
would be

set root=hd0
chainloader +1

which loads first sector of hd0 and jumps to it. The value of ${root} is
passed as boot device, it is in principle possible to do

set root=hd0
chainloader (hd1)+1

If you are aware of it and your question is specific to PXE boot - could
you elaborate?