net booting sbm (smart boot manager)

From: Carl Karsten
Subject: net booting sbm (smart boot manager)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 23:18:31 -0500

i pxe boot grub,  that works.

often I want to boot local media and don't hit the "boot device" key (which
isn't consistent)

If I could host this on my tftp server and boot it, that would do what I
need:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/btmgr/
"Smart BootManager is an os independent BootManager which has easy to use
interface and many other features. The main goals of SBM are to be
absolutely OS independent, flexible and full-featured. It has all of the
features needed to boot a variety of OS."

any tips on how to make that happen?

with selinux I did this:

label sbm-floppy
    kernel syslinux/memdisk
    append initrd=util/sbm/sbm.img

memdisk would setup a floppy like ram disk.. or something.

--
Carl K