Re: Secure Boot with NTFS access

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Secure Boot with NTFS access
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 20:53:44 +0300

30.10.2016 15:31, address@hidden пишет:
> ​When I secure boot to grub, some modules are blocked from loading such as
> regexp, cpuid, read, ls, drivemap, search_fsuuid

You are unlikely to need drivemap on platform with secure boot (a.k.a.
UEFI). Actually it is not even built on this platform.

> In particular, ntfs.mod is blocked (but ext2 is not) which means that we
> cannot boot from an NTFS partition.

Upstream grub (and you post to upstream list) does not support secure
boot at all. All distributions I am aware of disable module loading and
build signed grub image that includes modules maintainer thought were
necessary.

> Is there a way to secure-boot from files on an NTFS partition?

If you really want to access NTFS (as opposed to booting Windows which
is of course possible with secure boot and distribution images) -
contact your distribution and request inclusion of missing modules in
signed grub image.