Grub 2.02~beta3 build

From: Ananth, Rajesh
Subject: Grub 2.02~beta3 build
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:09:22 +0000

Hello,

I downloaded the Grub 2.02~beta3 source and did a successful build. I couldn't
find the "linuxefi.mod" generated after the make,  as I need that for the EFI
based boot. I looked for help on how to generate that and I think I am missing
something out. I tried things such as GRUB_USE_LINUXEFI="true" in the
/etc/default/grub.

I already tried the "configure" with "-with-platform=efi" option. But for the
linuxefi.mod module, I see "grub-core/x86_64-efi/" has all the other needed
modules getting built. My build system is not booted using EFI; it uses the
normal BIOS for its Linux boot. Could that be an issue?

Thanks,
Rajesh Ananth