Re: "Early" boot splash/boot text possible?

From: Michael Heseltine
Subject: Re: "Early" boot splash/boot text possible?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:46:11 +0000

Michael Heseltine <address@hidden> schrieb am Mi., 6. Jan. 2016 um 11:48 Uhr:

I'd like to display an image or at least a text line like "Please wait..." during this period, as I've encountered users of this system who think something is wrong and press reset or even switch it off and on again. After the kernel has loaded, I want to see the normal kernel messages.

Is there really no way of doing this with grub2? Not even a single line of text until the kernel takes over?

Cheers, Michael