Re: Install failes after md raid replace

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Install failes after md raid replace
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 19:51:45 +0300

04.01.2016 12:40, Tobias Lang пишет:
> Hi everybody,
>
> after the replacement of a faulty disk in a md raid setup (Raid 1), we
> are not able to update grub.
>
> The system is an Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, with the latests patches installed,
> and running Linux version 3.2.0-95-generic (address@hidden).
>
> Disk replacement procedure involved the following steps:
>
> # sgdisk -R /dev/sda /dev/sdb
> # sgdisk -G /dev/sda
> # mdadm /dev/mdX -a /dev/sdbX

Sorry, I do not understand this. I assume /dev/sdb is the current good
disk and /dev/sda is replacement disk. In this case you are trying to
add disk that already exists in array once more. This is simply not
possible.

> After resync, this failes:

Resync? I get "/dev/vdb1 busy".

Please show exact steps to reproduce starting with degraded array; and
show array state at each step (cat /proc/mdstat and mdadm --detail
/dev/mdX).