Re: Grub on Partitionless Full Disk LVM

From: Jack Waterworth
Subject: Re: Grub on Partitionless Full Disk LVM
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:28:47 -0400

I believe the lvm module for grub is not robust enough to safely handle these types of installations, especially without a partition table. LVM uses the second 512byte sector to store its pvlabel (by default). In an MBR environment, this would area would be used for grub2's core.img data. Im not sure what happens to the core.img in a partitionless environment, but I suspect it does the same thing.

I attempted to get a similar environment running, but gave up after hitting the same road blocks you are.

  Jack Waterworth, Red Hat Certified Architect
  OpenStack Technical Support North America
  Red Hat Global Support Services ( 1.888.467.3342 )

В Sat, 14 Feb 2015 22:35:30 -0500