Grub2 - PXE - UEFI - http module bug?

From: Joseph Kelly
Subject: Grub2 - PXE - UEFI - http module bug?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 11:22:28 -0700

Please review the following and indicate:
- Whether my assumptions might be correct
- Whether or not there could be or has been any modifications to the http module

Symptom:
Occasionally, not consistently, Grub2 throws a "alloc magic is broken" error.

Setup:
Grub2.02~beta2 network booting with config file
Config file script uses 'source' to get default menu selection information over http
source (http,${pxe_default_server})${sourceScriptPathString}

Suspected issue:
HTTP module may have bad packet grabbing code?

Tests:
- Continually reboot the machine till the error appears with current script.
- Continually reboot the machine with the 'source' call removed.

Test Results:
With 'source' call as above:
- Failure to boot / Successful boots: 1/33, 1/142, 1/27

Without 'source' call as above:
- Failure to boot / Successful boots: 0 / 205

Results Analysis:
It appears to me that the http module may have something flaky going on.

Joseph Kelly
“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried” – G. K. Chesterton