Re: Grub2 : PXE : grub.cfg : setting net_efinet1_boot_file variable?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Grub2 : PXE : grub.cfg : setting net_efinet1_boot_file variable?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 06:51:23 +0300

В Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:24:42 -0700
Joseph Kelly <address@hidden> пишет:

> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to launch WinPE from Grub2 over PXE.

Only grub itself is loaded over PXE. What grub does after it has been
loaded has little to do with PXE.

> I have tracked the problem down to the PXE client re-requesting the initial
> boot file and expecting it to be the Windows Boot Manager.

Again - PXE client runs before grub is loaded.

> I am currently attempting to experiment with setting the environment
> variable net_efinet1_boot_file to the target Windows bootx64.efi file.
>
> The Grub2 environment appears to have the variable net_efinet1_boot_file
> protected (or otherwise cannot be changed?).

Yes, it is readonly. It is pure informational and contains whatever
value of bootfile BOOTP/DHCP reply packet had. grub2 does not use it for
any purpose except deriving value of $prefix from it initially; it
happens only once.

> 1. Is this the direction I should pursue?

Please describe what you intend to do, what you have done and what
you observe. So far it is absolutely unclear what your problem is.

> 2. How do I change the net_efinet1_boot_file variable?

Change PXE server configuration.