Re: Official way of enabling USB on grub 2.02?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Official way of enabling USB on grub 2.02?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:48:30 +0300

В Sat, 10 Jan 2015 06:57:25 +0100
adrian15 <address@hidden> пишет:

> I have just found out that I am supposed to run nativedisk command with
> modules as arguments.

It has default list of modules to load if no argument is provided.

> Well, this is not working very well. At least it's not consistent.
>
> Please tell me if I should file bugs for:
>
> * i.e. the "alloc magic is broken" if you try to "nativedisk usbms"
> after having done "nativedisk ahci" AND having run ls.

Any "alloc magic is broken" is a bug, but before you report it you
should compile current upstream GIT version and reproduce it there.
Otherwise you should report it to your Linux distribution bug tracker.

> * ahci module load aborting virtualbox virtual machine when it's found
> as the second argument of nativedisk and possibily after pata.

There is already bug report about it. I tentatively think this is
rather a bug in vritual box; but of course if anyone could debug it and
come out with explanation what grub does that VB does not like it would
be great.