Re: Grub2 plain dm-crypt support

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Grub2 plain dm-crypt support
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 22:31:50 +0300

В Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:02:39 +0000
John Lane <address@hidden> пишет:

> On 09/11/14 05:21, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> > No, I do not think anything has changed since then.
> I feared that would be the answer!
> > You could start with git branch mentioned above.
> I've looked at git. The branch "peter/devmapper" mentioned in the other
> thread is over a year old.

Only the last commit which adds plain dm-crypt support is relevant. And
it is pretty much independent of the rest of grub.

> I presume the relevant that files that implement the "cryptomount"
> command are
>
>     ./include/grub/cryptodisk.h
>     ./grub-core/disk/cryptodisk.c

No, they implement LUKS support. Commit
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?h=peter/devmapper&id=e7f405abb329977b717371b80fddb38ff9063e8a
adds disk/devmapper.c which implements devmap command.

But the main problem as I see it is to identify disk that is needed.
LUKS is self identifying (you have UUID to find LUKS partition). But
how do you propose to search for partition containing plain dm-crypt?