Re: Grub on a Micron Trek 2.

From: Alexander Berg
Subject: Re: Grub on a Micron Trek 2.
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 19:14:34 +0200

Hi Peter,

What tells you ls in this console?

If there is a Linux on the attached HDD you could directly load the kernel and ramdisk.

Regards,

On June 11, 2014 3:55:46 PM CEST, address@hidden wrote:
Hi,
An old Micron Trek 2 has an ext4 filesystem in (hd0,1),
created with a Debian Wheezy installer.

Grub was installed by removing the hdd and temporarily
connecting it to a Wheezy system with a USB adapter.
A /boot/grub/grub.cfg was created and edited to have a
menu entry for a system in (hd0,5).

When the machine is powered it comes to the prompt and
these settings.
http://carnot.yi.org/GrubSet.png

If "set debug=all" and "normal" are executed, hundreds
of lines scroll past, ending with this.
http://carnot.yi.org/GrubExt2Failure.png

These commands start the extant OS.
chainloader (hd0,5)+1
boot

The grub installation is faulty? A bug in ext detection?

Thanks, ... Peter E.