drivemap and uefi

From: Francisco Franchetti
Subject: drivemap and uefi
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 12:36:30 -0500

I am not sure if the absence of the drivemap command is due to uefi mode booting or if it is due to the version of grub 2 that I have: 2.02beta2-9 from ubuntu installer.

Anyone knows why the drivemap command is unavailable? Is it because on a normal uefi system the notion is irrelevant?

I am interested in the knowledge and the drivemap command in itself, but the practical application is to boot a win 8 installer and have the hd0 be the computer installer, which is showing as hd1 because hd0 is taken by the usb installer. I understand this may be unnecessary under uefi, but I would appreciate discussion/confirmation around it.

Thanks.