Re: Cannot find core.img on a 3Tb GPT usb disk

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: Cannot find core.img on a 3Tb GPT usb disk
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:27:39 -0600

On Aug 12, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Chris Murphy <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2013, at 7:42 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>

>> Sector size (logical/physical): 4096B/4096B
>
> This could be a problem for any BIOS that doesn't explicitly support a 4KB
> physical sector.

Physical sector isn't the problem, there are many such drives now but most are
512e drives. They emulate a 512 byte logical sector. The problem with this
drive is it also has a 4096 byte logical sector. I don't think it will work as
a boot drive. Also this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-03/msg00022.html

Chris Murphy