Using grub, is it possible to use "if, while" during booting (before loa

From: Binh Minh
Subject: Using grub, is it possible to use "if, while" during booting (before loading normal.mod)?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:39:24 -0700

My computer has grub installed. During booting before normal.mod is loaded, I need to be able to run if and while commands in my config file which has been linked into core.img (using grub-mkimage -c myconfig.confg). In myconfig.config, I have an if statement and I kept getting "unknown command if" during booting.  I saw an example in http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Embedded-configuration.html and looks like I just need to include search, test, and normal modules.  Am I missing something?  Thanks