Retrieving MAC address in grub2 network boot environment

From: Rick Salevsky
Subject: Retrieving MAC address in grub2 network boot environment
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:35:54 +0200

Hay,

i need some help with grub2 network boot. My plan is to load different
configs for different machines. At first I created a main grub.cfg with
including "configfile uEFI/test.cfg" which works fine and the test.cfg
is loading.

But now i will do something like this: "configfile uEFI/$mac.cfg".
I once could access EFI variables, and could read out the MAC
and make above work.
But..., I cannot find anymore how I have done that :(
The EFI variable including the MAC address seem to differ
between different platforms.

The function:
net_ls_addr
provides:
efinet2 MAC IP
but I failed how to parse this in grub2 scripting.
I couldn't find out how to assign the result of a function to variables.

Has anyone an i idea how I can resolve this?

Bye,
--
Rick Salevsky
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg