Re: Win8 Uefi support?

From: Tom Davies
Subject: Re: Win8 Uefi support?
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 20:54:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi :)
Thanks :)  Ahh, i meant the secure boot had been enabled and that's what i switched off in order to be able to boot from Cd/Usb and having it off seemed to prevent Win8 from booting.

I got an off-list answer that also suggested it was fairly easy
"
Hello Tom,

Which distribution do you want to install?
if Ubuntu, just follow the procedure described at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI .

Regards
Yann
"

I suspect most of that link might work with pretty much any distro with just a bit of simple figuring out but since it is Ubuntu that i am trying to get onto that laptop the link is perfect!

Many thanks, especially to Yann and Andrey! :D
Regards from
Tom :)