Can Grub2 boot Windows 98 i.e. Can Grub2 boot SCO Unix

From: GervanDijck
Subject: Can Grub2 boot Windows 98 i.e. Can Grub2 boot SCO Unix
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 19:02:03 +0100

I have the same problem with SCO Unix 5.05 Eb : Grub Legacy has no problems and I can boot SCO Unix.

With Centos 6.3 no problems and I can boot SCO Unix.

Chris Murphy mailed me and did ask who in godsname does use SCO Unix ? I do not like this mentality : the Grand Unified Bootlaoder should be able to probe on old OS's , detect them and configure them in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg or (old version) in /boot/grub/config.

In Fedora 18 running mkconfig-grub2 -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg the problem still exsists and there is no way or possibility booting SCO Unix.

Asking why people want to boot ""old"" OS's or not given the possibility to boot old OS's gives me the idea , that the Windows mentality in the Linux world is growing.

Ger van Dijck.