usb disk on pcmcia2usb

From: jk
Subject: usb disk on pcmcia2usb
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:06:36 +0200

Hi,
I have a problem, I have a laptop in the disk controller unstable so I
put the disk in a usb external usb 1.1 but has only very slowly, I added
a pcmcia card with usb 2.0, the problem is here:
the laptop does not detect it on a flash I copied a bit 'folder of the
disc and I manually installed grub in the grub configuration file I put

linux (hd0, 1) / boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-8-generic root = / dev/sdb1
initrd (hd0, 1) / boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-8-generic

but not the linux and I am in the grub shell, I also edit fstab?

Any suggestions?
Thanks Roberto.