GRUB (stuck on screen)

From: J.V.
Subject: GRUB (stuck on screen)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:48:36 -0600

I have a linux system - on another system, I cut a bunch of Windows rescue CD's (that are based on Linux) and was trying them out.

I think it may have been the Kapersky rescue live CD, not sure, so it booted, I did not run a rescue or anything, just wanted to see if it would boot.

Now when I boot my Linux system, I get a black screen and all white letters that say: "GRUB" and that's it. It hangs there.

How to unstuck it?

J.V.