Where to find Grub's last version

From: Arbiel Perlacremaz
Subject: Where to find Grub's last version
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 00:40:50 +0200

Hi

I reported what I thought was a bug : my grub.cfg file refers to the file /usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2. To my understanding, this is a bug because the path to that file at the time of grub-mkconfig can be quite different to the path during the booting process. In the situation I was testing, Grub tried to access a uuid which were no longer connected.

All files refered to by Grub during the booting procedure should be prefixed with the ${prefix} variable. Any file located somewhere outside the Grub directory and accessed by Grub at boot time should be copied to Grub's directory at grub-mkconfig time. This is obviously not the case in the Ubuntu 11.10 distribution.

 Vladimir Serbinenko was not happy with me and replied '

Please test with the latest version before reporting any bug. In this
case this was fixed some time ago.

So, I'm now looking for the latest version of the script 00_header which
generates the access to /usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2 to check whether the bug
has been fixed or not, and if it has been fixed, to report a bug to Ubuntu.

Arbiel