Re: Building a disk

From: Dale Amon
Subject: Re: Building a disk
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:25:45 +0100

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 09:28:23PM -0700, Jordan Uggla wrote:
> Grub legacy is not supported here (it hasn't had an upstream for over
> six years). If you want support for grub legacy you might try asking
> in the support channels for the distribution who you are getting grub
> legacy from.

I have servers to maintain that have been running
for years and are mission critical so they still
use grub 1. I have to have a failsafe procedure for
getting them back on line exactly as they were
in the absolute minimum possible time, which means
they have to come back exactly as they were, grub 1
and all.

May I need to store a copy of sector 0 or perhaps
more. I looked at sectors 0-63 of a sample machine
and there appears to be data in all but sector 63.
Is grub using this?