Add Grub2 menu item without booting into GNU/Linux

From: Joshua Fox יהושע פוקס
Subject: Add Grub2 menu item without booting into GNU/Linux
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:25:40 +0200

Greetings,

I am trying to set up my Grub2 with Ubuntu 11.10.

Grub2 was working, until I removed old kernels with Grub Conf. Though I took care not to remove the latest kernel, I find they are all missing.

So, everything is OK-- but until I  add Ubuntu back into the Grub2 boot menu, I cannot boot into it. (Some other entries, including memcheck and Windows, remain on the menu.)

I tried Boot Repair, with no improvement: Here are the details on my machines boot configuration http://paste.debian.net/141706

I also tried reconfiguring Grub2 after booting in LiveCD, to no avail.

What do I have to do?

Regards,

Joshua