Simple password for one Grub entry

From: Gerhard Schmidt
Subject: Simple password for one Grub entry
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 07:56:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrade our Computer Pool from GRUB Legacy to Grub 2.

In Grub Legacy we have one Boot entry (Windows XP) protected by a Password.

I'm trying to set this up with Grub 2. The only solution is by defining
a user xpuser and use --users xpuser in the menu entry.

is there a way in Grub 2 to simply ask for a Password before booting the
entry.

Regards
        Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | http://www.augusta.de/~estartu    |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                   |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | JabberID: address@hidden      |  on request
Germany            |