How

From: Dennis Cao
Subject: How
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:04:08 +0800

Hi buddies,
I want to install GRUB2 on my USB disk, so that I can boot my computer
if my system crashes.

I read manual of GRUB2 and tried to understand what grub-install did,
especially the '--root-directory' parameter. The manual says:
"... ....  If you want GRUB to use images under a directory other than
the root directory, you need to specify the option --root-directory.
... ...."

grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/hda

--
曹贵林 ( Dennis Cao )