Re: booting lilo from grub: error 13

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: booting lilo from grub: error 13
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:29:45 +0200

Jonathan Reed escribió:
Hi all,

I have grub booting from a usb key. I have tried adding an entry to the menu to be able to boot off a local hard disk using lilo. Essentially I want to have grub pass off the booting to lilo which is on the local disk (and I have to boot the hard disk with lilo). Here is my entry that I added:

title        hda-linux
root        (hd1,0)
chainloader    +1

You need Super Grub Disk so that the usbshift is run and this way lilo will think that it is in the first hard disk and you won't have any problem.

http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/SGD_Howto_make#How_to_make_a_Super_Grub_Disk_USB.

Finally what you will have to run is:

title hda-linux
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
boot

Although maybe just trying in your current setup:

title hda-linux
root (hd1,0)
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
chainloader +1